InnerLightArts Kristena West
Sacred Heart of Jesus & the Nine Friday Meditations 24" x 30" Oil Painting
A Nine Friday Meditation to honor the Sacred Heart of Jesus. Mystic Christian art; this gesture is a "picture" of a change of consciousness that is taking place in humanity, our hearts are waking up. When the "eye" or "I" of the Heart is opened, then Hearts will think. Science is now confirming that the heart has it's own "thought" and resonance fields. It does not surprise me, that a devotee of the Sun Lord Christ gives the path of realization of this task to a woman. This gesture which is found on tee-shirts to temples, to home altars is a sacred imagination of a reality that is happening now in our consciousness soul. This meditation of the nine Fridays can be adopted to our more modern life, if we are not Catholic. But is is a real practical path of the Christ making a home in our hearts.
Many of us do the pilgrimage of Campostella, or treking to the holy land, or following a guru. But what is we in the western world, have our own sacred traditions that are hiding in plain sight?
Our Lord appeared to Mary (Margarita Mary Alacoque) and revealed devotions to His Sacred Heart. She was favoured with many apparitions, the most special ones took place between 1673 and 1675. In one of these apparitions Jesus said to her: “Look at this Heart which has loved people so much, and yet they do not want to love Me in return. Through you My divine Heart wishes to spread its love everywhere on earth.” Jesus made at least twelve promises to her telling her how he would help those who honor His Sacred Heart.
The Twelve Promises of Jesus
- I will give them all the graces necessary for their state of life.
- I will establish peace in their families.
- I will console them in all their troubles.
- They shall find in My Heart an assured refuge during life and especially at the hour of their death.
- I will pour abundant blessings on all their undertakings.
- Sinners shall find in My Heart the source of an infinite ocean of mercy.
- Tepid souls shall become fervent.
- Fervent souls shall speedily rise to great perfection.
- I will bless the homes where an image of My Heart shall be exposed and honored.
- I will give to priests the power of touching the most hardened hearts.
- Those who propagate this devotion shall have their names written in My Heart, never to be effaced.
- The all-powerful love of My Heart will grant to all those who shall receive Communion on the First Friday of nine consecutive months the grace of final repentance; they shall not die under my displeasure, nor without receiving their Sacraments; My heart shall be their assured refuge at that last hour.
With regard to this promise it may be remarked:
- That our Lord required Communion to be received on a particular day chosen by Him;
- that the nine Fridays must be consecutive;
- that they must be made in honor of His Sacred Heart, which means that those who make the nine Fridays must practice the devotion and must have a great love for our Lord;
- that our Lord does not say that those who make the nine Fridays will be dispensed from any of their obligations or from exercising the vigilance necessary to lead a good life and overcome temptation; rather He implicitly promises abundant graces to those who make the nine Fridays to help them to carry out these obligations and persevere to the end;
- that perseverance in receiving Holy Communion for nine consecutive First Firdays helps the faithful to acquire the habit of frequent Communion, which our Lord eagerly desires;
- that the practice of the nine Fridays is very pleasing to our Lord since He promises such great reward, and that all Catholics should endeavor to make the nine Fridays.